# Slackware in kiosk mode.
1. Boot directly into X as user 'username' without entering password:
- Cd to /etc/rc.d/ and make a backup of runlevel rc.4 init script.
- Empty rc.4 and put the following as the only entry:
su - username -c "/usr/bin/startx"
- This will boot the system directly into 'username' X-session.
2. Set up your kiosk environment:
- In ~/username create an .xinitrc file to define which application(s)
you'd like to run in your kiosk:
/usr/bin/setxkbmap de &
sudo /sbin/telinit 0
(The 'telinit 0' command shuts down the system after the previous application
exits. The command is run as 'username', so set up sudoers to allow this.)